Whether it is any government work or to get a new mobile number, Aadhaar is necessary for every work. Aadhar contains various types of information. Sometimes this information keeps changing. For example, if someone changes his house, he will have to change his address on Aadhaar. Similarly, if someone changes the phone number, he/she will have to update his/her phone number in Aadhaar. There is a spelling mistake in someone’s name or there is a mistake in someone’s age, all kinds of work can be done sitting at home.
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has given all these facilities on its portal. For this, there should be a registered mobile number which is given at the time of making Aadhaar. After entering your Aadhaar number on the portal, an OTP will come on the mobile number, after which all the work can be done online.
What is the facility of online update
date of birth
gender or gender
It is important to note here that if someone wants to change their phone number in Aadhaar, then this work cannot be done online. For this, one has to go to the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center or Aadhaar Service Center.
Follow these simple steps to update
1. First of all open the official website of Aadhaar https://uidai.gov.in/.
2. After this, there will be a section of ‘Update Aadhaar’ at number two in the category on the website. Click on it.
3. Many options will be available here. Click on ‘Update Address in your Aadhaar’. After clicking it will take you to another page. Apart from the address, name, gender, date of birth, language etc. can be updated simultaneously on this page.
4. After filling the correct information, click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’. Here an OTP of 6 digits will be sent to your number. OTP and Captcha have to be written in the given box. After that click on update next.
5. Now before proceeding, check your details once. After that process.
6. After processing, the documents related to the things that have been changed will have to be uploaded. For all this the scan copy has to be uploaded.
7. After uploading the document, click on submit and review button and re-check the filled information.
8. After submitting the update request number (URN) will come. From this number you can check the status of Aadhar card update process. Aadhar card will be updated after some time or day.