New Delhi: Corona vaccination in India started from January 16 and so far more than 47 crore vaccine doses have been given, out of which only 10.42 million people have been given both doses of corona vaccine. According to the Union Health Ministry, a total of 47,22,23,639 doses have been given in the country so far, out of which 36,79,94,586 people have been given the first dose while 10,42,29,053 people have received both the doses. So far more than 49 crore 64 lakh vaccine doses have been given by the central government.
According to the Union Health Ministry, till August 2, the central government has given 49,64,98,050 vaccine doses to the states and union territories. States currently have 3,14,34,654 vaccine doses available while 9,84,610 vaccine doses are in the pipeline, which will be available to the states soon.
Out of the total vaccine dose given till 2nd August morning
– 1,03,11,380 healthcare workers have received the first dose. While 78,56,466 healthcare workers have been given both doses.
– 1,79,78,353 frontline workers have received the first dose and 1,13,65,816 healthcare workers have received both the doses.
– In the age group of 18 to 44, 15,70,22,578 people got the first dose. At the same time 88,94,835 people have got both the doses.
– In the age group of 45 to 59, 10,65,50,619 people have got both the first dose and 3,94,29,559.
– 7,61,31,656 people above 60 years of age have received the first dose and 3,66,82,377 people have received both the doses.
Recently, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya had informed by tweeting that the vaccine supply is increasing every month. In the month of May, where the Center had given about 70 million vaccine doses to the states, it increased to 114.6 million doses in June and in July its number has increased to 13.50 crore doses. However, in July’s 13.50 crore vaccine dose, both the first and second dose are there. At the same time, this number is expected to increase further in the month of August.
Recently, in the affidavit filed by the Union Health Ministry in the Supreme Court, it has been told that the government will procure 135 crore Covid vaccines between August and December. This includes 500 million CoviShield, 400 million Covaxin, 300 million Bio E, 100 million Sputnik V and 50 million Zydus Cadila DNA Vaccine.