Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has announced to extend the lockdown till 5 am on June 14. But at the same time many concessions have also been announced in the restrictions of lockdown. Chief Minister Kejriwal said that gradually the situation of Corona is getting better in Delhi, in view of which we have started the process of unlocking. The lockdown will continue till 5 am on 7th June. After this, concession is being given in many activities. The factory and construction activities were opened last week and despite that the situation is under control.
What will open and what will remain closed
- Shops will be opened in malls and markets on the basis of odd-even. 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Group A officers will work with 100 percent attendance in government offices and 50 percent work in Group B.
- Private offices can be opened with 50 percent capacity. More and more work from home has been requested.
- Shops of essential goods and services will open daily.
- Delhi Metro will open with 50 percent capacity.
On the preparedness to deal with the possible third wave of Covid-19, Kejriwal said, ‘We have formed a pediatric task force to prepare a safety plan for the children.’ We are making arrangements to store 420 tones of oxygen, setting up 64 oxygen plants to deal with the possibility of shortage of oxygen. We are preparing to deal with the third wave of Covid keeping in mind that there could be 37,000 cases when it reaches its peak.