One of the complaints of railway passengers who have booked tickets through IRCTC is that they have to wait for a long time for refund of money after canceling the ticket. But if you book tickets through IRCTC-iPay app, then your money will be refunded quickly. Let’s understand how –
Please note, this is not a new service. The facility of IRCTC iPay App is already available for rail passengers. If a passenger makes a ticket booking through this, then his payment is done through the payment gateway of any bank. This is the reason that when the ticket is canceled, then it does not take much time to get the refund. Let us know how ticket booking is done by this-
Understand step by step the complete process of booking tickets through IRCTC iPay
1. First irctc.co.in Login to
2. Share travel related information.
3. Select the train.
4. Click on the first option of payment IRCTC iPay and then Pay and Book option will open, click on it.
4. After this, give information related to credit card, debit card or UPI.
5. After completing all the process, your ticket will be booked, and you will also get confirmation SMS and email.
This is the reason why we will now cancel the ticket when, after that only one time bank account or debit mandate will have to be given. This will also save your time in future and money will also come back quickly.
How to book tickets through IRCTC e-wallet
1. For this you have to first login your IRCTC ID.
2. After this, from where to board the train and select the destination. Then select the date.
3. After this, select the train in which to book and click on Book Now. Review the details and enter the captcha code. Then go to payment option.
4. Here you have to click on IRCTC e-Wallet inside the payment gateway. Then you have to enter the transaction password.
5. After this you will be redirected to the confirmation page. Here you have to enter OTP which will come on your registered mobile number. Just after that your payment will be done through e-wallet.