India will have to focus on new areas to become a new manufacturing center by overtaking China: NITI Aayog

- Advertisement -

New Delhi. NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant said that India cannot become the world’s new manufacturing center by copying China. For this, India will have to focus on new emerging areas of growth. He said in the annual meeting of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) that India’s private sector will have to set ambitious targets for itself and focus on green-hydrogen, high-end batteries, advanced solar panels to become competitive. Also said that by copying China, India cannot become the next manufacturing center of the world. We have always landed in areas which are on a slope for growth. The time has come for us to focus on emerging areas of growth.

‘Don’t waste your energy in areas with Chinese presence’
According to Amitabh Kant, India should not try to make a place in those areas in which China is already ahead. India has some of the strongest global companies in the renewables sector. These are areas of growth linked to technology. If you want to reach the top of the world then you have to focus on these. India can be a major exporter of both green energy and ammonia. In the next five years, the price of solar energy should come down to Re 1 per unit. Only 18 per cent of India’s final energy consumption is in the form of energy and the remaining 82 per cent needs other forms of non-carbon dioxide emissions.

‘India should set the target of green-hydrogen’
The CEO of NITI Aayog said that Europe and America will together import about 500 GW of green-hydrogen and green-ammonia. India should aim to export at least 200 GW of green-hydrogen and green-ammonia by 2030. The Indian industry needs to strive to become healthy, digital, invest in skills, grow rapidly in corporate R&D and bring cutting edge products to be competitive.

- Advertisement -

Source link

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Most Trending

- Advertisement -

PHOTO GALLERY