It may be months before the launch of the iPhone 14, but many leaks and reports related to the new iPhone device have come to the fore. This time around, even before the launch of the iPhone 13, leaks started surfacing about the next-gen iPhone 14. It is believed that there will be a big change in both the design and hardware of the iPhone 14 series. Several leaks have surfaced pointing to the punch-hole design. But a new report suggests that Apple may go ahead with a “hole plus pill design” on the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max. We can also see the camera bump disappearing on the iPhone 14.
A total of four devices are expected to be found in the iPhone 14 series. Out of which the iPhone 14 and 14 Pro are said to have a 6.1-inch display, while the larger 6.7-inch panels can be given in the iPhone 14 Max and iPhone 14 Pro Max. Only the Pro model is expected to have a 120Hz panel. Another major change in the iPhone 14 series could be the inclusion of a 48-megapixel primary camera.
There is more to share about the upcoming iPhone 14 series, so read on to know all the details…
iPhone 14: Specs and Features
– The iPhone 14 series could be one of the most exciting iPhone lineups we have seen in recent times. But this will happen only when the leaks coming out turn out to be true. It is expected that Apple may make slight changes in its current iPhone lineup. Rumors suggest that Apple may scrap the iPhone mini series and replace it with a regular-sized iPhone. Thus the upcoming iPhone series may include iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Max and iPhone 14 Pro Max. There is no certainty that Apple will use these names for official devices when they ship.
– Tipster John Prosser showcased the iPhone 14 a week before the iPhone 13 launch. Since then, a number of renders and mockups have surfaced, most of which resemble the design shown by Prosser. But now, analyst Ross Young claims that Apple will use a “hole plus pill design” on the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro. design one first Twitter This was brought to the notice by a user who mentioned that the front camera will be housed in the hole while the Face-ID system will be located in the pill.
– The design leaked earlier by Prosser shows the iPhone 14 with a single centered punch-hole camera. Thus, we are pointing to the removal of the notch that we have been seeing since 2017. The rear panel appears to be completely flat with no camera module and the camera sensor sitting flush with the surface. The render also shows a titanium frame with round volume, which seems to be inspired by the iPhone 4.
– Tipster Ross Young says that the iPhone 14 will feature a 6.06-inch OLED display with a resolution of 1170 x 2532 pixels and a 60Hz refresh rate. The iPhone 14 Pro with the same size display will get 120Hz refresh rate. The top-end iPhone 14 Pro Max, on the other hand, is said to have a larger 6.68-inch OLED panel with 120Hz refresh rate. The iPhone 14 Max, expected to replace the Mini model, may come equipped with the same display but with a refresh rate of 60Hz.
– Like every year, Apple will bring a new chipset in the iPhone 14 series. The chipset is likely to be called the A16 Bionic. The leak suggests that the chipset could be based on 4nm or 3nm manufacturing process. However, there is a possibility that Apple will continue with the 5nm chipset as TSMC is facing production issues with the 4nm/3nm chipsets.
– Apple has increased the storage of the iPhone 13 series to 1TB. Now it is being said that the storage of iPhone 14 Pro will be increased to 2TB. The company can increase the RAM up to 8GB on the Pro model and up to 6GB on the regular model.
– A slew of rumors are pointing to the inclusion of a higher resolution main camera on the iPhone 14 Pro. According to this, Apple may replace the 12-megapixel camera that has been used for years with a 48-megapixel camera. The camera is said to be capable of recording 8K videos. This was confirmed by the Taiwanese research firm Trendforce in its report.
When will the iPhone 14 be launched?
The iPhone event takes place in the month of September. The current-generation iPhone 13 also arrived in September. Thus, the iPhone 14 may arrive around the same time next year.
How much will the iPhone 14 cost in India? (potentially)
In a recent leak, tipster Leak ApplePro made a big disclosure about the price of the iPhone 14 series. According to this, the price of iPhone 14 will start at $799, which is the same as last year’s iPhone 13. According to the leak, the price of iPhone 14 Max can be $ 899 (about Rs 66,990).
In contrast, the Pro model is expected to see a substantial increase in prices. The tipster suggests that the iPhone 14 Pro could be priced at $1,099 (approximately Rs 81,700), while the iPhone Pro Max could cost $1,199 (approximately Rs 89,200).