If your PAN card and Aadhaar are not linked with each other, then get it linked immediately. The government has extended the last date for linking PAN card and Aadhar card till 30 September. If you do not link your PAN and Aadhaar by September 30, then your PAN card will be invalid. Apart from this, if you have linked your PAN with Aadhaar, then check this once. You can check its status online.
Invalid link before
If you have not linked your PAN with Aadhar yet, then you may face a lot of problems. Under Section 139AA of the Income Tax Act, if your PAN is not linked with Aadhaar, your PAN card will be considered invalid. Apart from this, if you are not linked, you will not be able to file your ITR. Your tax refund may also get stuck. If you want to avoid all these troubles, then link your PAN with Aadhaar immediately.
How to link your PAN with Aadhaar
- To link PAN with Aadhaar, visit Income Tax e-filing website
- On the left side of the site you will get the option of Link Aadhar, click on it
- After clicking on it, the option to fill the details will open in front of you, fill your details in it.
- In these options, there will be an option to fill PAN number, Aadhaar number, fill it.
- After filling all the details enter the captcha code
- After doing all this you have to finally click on Link Aadhar
- Your PAN will be linked with Aadhaar with your click.
- Its information will also be displayed on your screen
SMS You can also link PAN with Aadhaar through
To link your PAN card with Aadhaar via SMS, you have to type UIDPAN from your registered number and SMS it to 567678 or 561561. After doing this, you will get the information about the linking of PAN with Aadhaar through a message in a while.