The lockdown will continue in Sydney till September, the decision taken to prevent the spread of the Delta variant

Sydney: The Sydney administration has taken an important decision to prevent the spread of the delta variant of Corona. The lockdown in the city has been extended till September. Apart from this, night curfew has also been imposed in many areas of the city. The administration is trying to get this variant under control as soon as possible, but so far there has been no success in controlling the delta variant.

New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian has appealed to the people there to wear masks whenever people leave their homes. The administration has said that only one hour can be exempted from wearing a mask for exercise. The administration has said that there are about 5 million people living in the city who will have to pay attention to wearing masks.

Berejiklian said that in view of the increasing cases of corona, we were forced to impose strict restrictions. He said that some people flout the rules of lockdown, due to which tough decisions had to be taken.

Berejiklian told the media, “I asked health and the police to work together. I asked if we can control this. We try to get it under control as soon as possible.”

Berejiklian said that 644 new cases of corona infection have been reported on Friday. Most of which have surfaced in Sydney. A day before this, a record 681 cases have been registered.

Source link

- Advertisement -