IND vs NZ Test Matches: The first match of the two-match Test series between India and New Zealand is being played in Kanpur. Till now 60 Test matches have been played between the two teams. In this, India has won 21 matches and New Zealand has won 13 matches, while 26 matches have been drawn. Team India’s current coach Rahul Dravid is the highest run-scorer in Test cricket against New Zealand. He has scored 1659 runs against Kiwis.
1. Rahul Dravid: Rahul Dravid has scored 1659 runs in 28 innings of 15 test matches against New Zealand. He has scored these runs at an average of 63.80. He has also scored 6 centuries and 6 half-centuries against New Zealand. His highest score against Kiwis is 222 runs.
2. Sachin Tendulkar: Sachin is at number two in this list. He has played 24 test matches against New Zealand and scored 1595 runs. During this he has scored 4 centuries and 8 half-centuries. He averages 49.91 against the Kiwis. His highest score is 217 runs.
3. Virender Sehwag: Team India’s explosive batsman Virender Sehwag has scored 883 runs in 12 Test matches against New Zealand at an average of 44. Sehwag has scored 2 centuries and 3 half-centuries against Kiwis. His highest score is 173 runs.
4. Virat Kohli: Team India’s Test Captain Virat has reached the fourth place in this list. He has scored 830 runs in 10 test matches against New Zealand at an average of 48.82. His highest score is 211 runs against the Kiwis with 3 centuries and 3 half-centuries.
5. VVS Laxman: Laxman has scored 818 runs in 17 innings of 10 Tests against New Zealand. During this his run average has been 58.42. He has 2 centuries and 6 half-centuries to his name against the Kiwis.